Raised so far
Incl. Gift Aid
APEX EVEREST 2024
This exciting hiking challenge brings together a vibrant community of adventurers who are seeking to push their limits and conquer their own 'Everest'.
Hike up, walk down, resit if required and repeat! Each summit is one step closer to this huge achievement. No climbing experience required. This challenge can be entered as an individual, a team of 4 or the APEX Pro.
Completing 9.2 ascents of the beautiful Helvellyn mountain will take you to the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest, passing Ben Nevis, Mount Fuji and K2 along the way.
APEX is more than an event. From the day you sign up, you become a valued member of a supportive community dedicated to unlocking your true potential.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of this incredible journey?
This event is run by APEX
Create your fundraising page
Once you have registered for your place with APEX, you're ready to create your fundraising page and raise vital funds in support of veterans' mental health.
13 - 15 September 2024
Join a community of passionate individuals who embrace
pushing their boundaries to grow physically, mentally, and spiritually!
This individual challenge will truly push you to your limits,
but there's no pressure because along the way,
we'll also celebrate the achievement of reaching the elevation
equivalent of the highest mountains on all 7 continents.
13 - 15 September 2024 / 20 - 22 September 2024
Experience the ultimate challenge as a cohesive team of 4
in the APEX Team Edition. Conquer Mount Everest together
in just 36 hours with a simple yet effective strategy: 2 walk,
2 rest, and repeat. Ride the highs, overcome the lows,
and forge an unbreakable bond as you reach new heights.
Sign up and discover the true power of teamwork.
20 - 22 September 2024
Call all ultra-endurance athletes! Take on the ultimate
challenge in an individual race to conquer the full distance
of Mount Everest within 36 hours. Prove yourself as the World's
fittest ultra runner and seize the opportunity to win a
generous cash prize. Don't miss out on this
- Exclusive event entry into the inaugural APEX Everest Challenge
- GPS tracking of participants (for safety measures and friends and family will be able to follow you in real time)
- 3 nights of tented accommodation at Base Camp (tent not included)*
- A catered participant marquee
- Charging stations
- Food and drink supplied throughout the event
- APEX T-shirt
- Finisher award
- Emergency medical attention on hand
- Support from the fantastic mountain safety team
- Chip timing
- A GPX file of the route up and down (available in advance)
- Stationed checkpoints across the mountain
* Single tents can be hired at a cost of £80
If you would like to hire a tent please select this ticket option on registration
- Hiking rucksack of your choice
- Waterproof trousers
- Headtorch and spare batteries
- Mountain / fell shoes
- Warm sleeping bag
- Waterproof jacket
- Long sleeve base layer
- Water bottle
- Change of clothing
- Warm jacket
- Travel mattress
- Walking poles
This is a summarised list of the kit requirements for the challenge. The mandatory kit requirements will be emailed to all participants once registered.
Our support to you
You’re important to us and we aim to make your run very special. Whether its your first event or you’re a seasoned pro when you join Team Combat Stress, we are ready to support you every step of the way. We will provide you with:
- A digital fundraising pack full of ideas
- A wealth of fundraising resources including training plans
- Support from a dedicated challenges fundraising team
- Team e-newsletters with fundraising advice
- Cheering materials available for family and friends
- Access to an online Strava and Facebook Combat Stress forum